Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Merry Christmas everybody!







WOW! I can't believe it's December already! Christmas is in less than 2 weeks and it finally got snowy! I am having a pretty good season so far. I'm almost over my cold, I think I'm done with shopping, I found Facebook (thanks to my kids) and have reconnected with some old friends and so far my cousin Karla!
I haven't decorated a whole lot this year, mainly because I am taking care of Ryker, and it's a lot easier to not have temptation all over the place.
I think I am going to introduce him to clay very soon. Very good motor skills and creativity come from clay. Maybe I'll make some, so if he eats it, I won't have to worry about chemicals and being made in china and full of lead or something like that.
We are done with the Christmas programs (I hope) for the kids, we have our ward Christmas breakfast coming up on Saturday. Ed and I are helping with that. Should be fun. We missed last year since we went to California.
I'm adding a picture of our Christmas tree. I love it! I love the old fashioned tree with all of the ornaments the kids get every year. It's always a highlight to see what they are getting! And they love putting them on! I finally got smart last year and twistied the lights to the tree so that I don't have to spend 1-2 hours putting the lights on the tree. Went up sooo much quicker this year!




Poor Abby and Sarah don't remember having real trees, but I don't want the hazard of a dead tree in the house that could cause a fire. We had 3 die in one year, and that was the year that I got a fakey on clearance after the holidays. Great investment!
Ryker gets excited every time he comes to the house and I have the lights on. Dan calls it sfinkter pucker excitement and I have to agree! It's such a joy! Kids are so great! I'm so lucky to have 5 great kids! They really are good people! What a blessing in my life to have a husband that REALLY likes me, as well as loves me and kids that are awesome! For some reason they seem to think that I'm OK too and we all get along! Don't get me wrong, we do have our moments. Who doesn't, but luckily nobody holds a grudge and we move on.

Have I mentioned yet that I've lost 30 pounds? Hmmm, I haven't huh. Well I have and I feel pretty darn great!
My neighbor introduced me to HCG and I am down 30 POUNDS! I have to wait until January to start again, but I am stoked! I can't wait to get back on it! I have maintained 3 1/2 weeks so far and I have to wait another 2 1/2 before I can go on it again, but it's fabulous! My cold put me in a bit of a tailspin, but I'm coming out of it and getting back on track. I'm really trying to eat better so that I'll be around and be a grandma. I'm going to try to add some pictures now, so I'll say ciao for now!

No comments: